Thank you for your interest in attending the live recording sessions for StarTalk on the National Geographic Channel. Because we have many more requests than available seats, complimentary seats are offered through a lottery. NOTE: Tickets are nontransferable and not for resale.
About the Show
Science, pop culture & comedy collide on StarTalk, a weekly, Emmy®-nominated late-night talk show on the National Geographic Channel hosted by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, the director of the Hayden Planetarium in New York City. Each week, Neil and his comic co-hosts and guest celebrities and scientists discuss astronomy, physics, and everything else about life in the universe.
How to Enter
Simply fill out the required fields on the form below and your name will be placed in the lottery for up to 2 tickets. If your name is chosen randomly, we will notify you in advance of the recording date with as much time as possible. Sometimes, seats open up at the last minute, so you may be contacted as late as the same day of the show. No purchase is necessary.
About the Recording Session
StarTalk is filmed, in part, in front of a live audience in the Cullman Hall of the Universe at the Rose Center for Earth and Space at the American Museum of Natural History, located at 81st St. between Central Park West and Columbus Ave. in New York City.
Please note that the show is filmed in advance of its air date.
Important: Requirements to Attend StarTalk TV Recording Sessions
- The show is taped in NYC. Travel arrangements, lodging, etc. are not included.
- You must comply with our social media rules (including restrictions on what you may tweet, photograph or record) that will be presented to you on location.
- We tape 2 episodes per recording session. Depending on sunset, taping is from 9pm until 1:30am. Guests should arrive at 8pm. You must be able to attend the entire recording session. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are selected thru the lottery, you will be given specific instructions at that time.)
- You will be asked to go through a standard security screening before entering the Museum.
- You will need one form of official ID with your name and photo to claim your tickets.
- Minimum Age to Attend: 21.